Saturday 3 December 2016

                           EASY CHOICE 


I don't find myself confused standing at the crossroad 
For it has become easy to choose the path which is dark, 
It does hide what I keep harbouring 
My trepidations so stark.

Is not this pebbled road tired of my usual story 
Vulnerability, confusions and unhappy confessions!
Isn't it weary of listening to the same libretto of regressions?

In love with the dark, I have fallen for this darkness,
For the fear of light, feels heavy on heart,does not wish for loving caress.
For the light would expose the fears hidden,
Hidden in the darkest moats of my soul
I am tired of this game of expectations, on the whole.

But what exactly do I fear,
Pain, suffering or love
The love that calls for unmatched pain
Or the suffering that leads to Love.

Is everyone as fearful as me,or not
If so,are they strong enough to accept it,or not.

Isn't everyone, everyday, every moment
Fighting battles of rendered defiance
Then it's just a matter of ignorance or acceptance.
Lost to the battles, there is acquisence
to the 'force' they quite don't even understand.

There is this narrow cut, leading to the 'lighthouse', I ignore it
What purpose may it serve,for maybe I have the light within me,
Just not decided whether I should let it glare.

I do not choose,choosing is a difficult choice,
I have left it all to the destiny, to be chosen.
For now at this moment, I love the silence this road speaks, the time seems just frozen.

Acceptance of normalcy, not acceptable
This desire to desire, still so much desirable
But this hoping against hopes,
Is just the game so miserable.

What kind of journey is it,
In search of identity or disposition
Is it a quest to live or mere sustenance.

Today also I return,without any answer to my confusions
But it's okay, I don't have to pretend
I'm fine with my kind of convulsions.

So  I will leave,
This road to rest
Let it find it's peace.
For tomorrow I may come back
To continue my journey of silent scream.








2 comments:

  1. Hi! Very nice poem. I see you have written about fears, well everyone has them the strongest ones are the ones who actually accept them and work on them. I like the idea of this poetry. Keep writing! :) And the vocab is tough which is good but could you also please write in an easier vocab as well? It would be easy for people like us! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would surely pay heed to your kind suggestion. Thank you so much for appreciating the work. :)

      Delete